Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Land of the Free

Today I'm thankful for ALL of our Soldiers past,present, and future so we can live in free Country. I love hearing the jet's fly over our home and watching them train. To me it is the sound of FREEDOM. We are very lucky.

Sam asked the other day if "I would be sad if he joined the Marines" . I quickly responded with "I would be honored and proud to have a son Serve our Country" does it make me nervous in a time of war? Absolutely,but proud he would want to serve his fellow man. Plus there's nothing better than a handsome man in uniform. He He.....

Thank you to those who have served.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Thank you for sharing, Amy. I am grateful too.

Jeanette said...

I struggle with this topic! We have military in our families going way back, AND I am very grateful to them for their sacrifices! But I'm also keenly aware of the generations of people who pay the price for their military service. It's a high price, I wouldn't wish that on my boys, but I'm pretty sure I have 3 that would really like to enlist some day...