Saturday, October 3, 2009

Fall

It's that time of year again. When the green turns to vibrant orange,red,yellow,and gold. The mountains are splashed with all the different colors. This week it turned cold and now the mountains are tipped with snow. I have mixed feelings. Part of me REALLY wants it to be summer still. To be able to camp,play night games with the kiddos,sit on the front porch and watch the sun go down,go for snow cones on a warm night,have picnic's in the park .
The other part of me LOVES the fall. I love the harvest,pumpkin patches,apple cider,falling leaves,the morning chill that bite's at your face when you walk out the door,hot homemade soup with rolls,hot cocoa by the fire.
Living in Utah and being from the Midwest you would think I was used to WINTER. NOPE I'm not. I do like it through the holidays and then it can leave right out the door with the last of the company you might have. By the time January gets here I'm done. It's gray,wet,cold,,slushy,did I mention gray ....you get it. That's when I get homesick for Mesa. Sitting at the park watching the kiddos play,fresh lemons,oranges,grapefruit,warm sun, green grass. You get the picture. It's funny because NEVER in a million years would I have thought I could live without the 4 seasons. Living in Mesa at first was hard then you move away and you miss the warm sunshine that shines 362 days out of the year. Come summer of next year when it's 76-80 here and 108 in Mesa and everyone down there has their air conditioning on already and we have our windows and doors open I'll have a different post to write,but right now I'm starting to DREAD the 6am shoveling of the drive way so we can get out for work and school. SIGH....
I think I'll just enjoy the splash of color while it lasts and be grateful for eyes that can see the changing of season's. That's a start. Right?

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

I MISS Utah fall! It is amazing! We would always hike Provo Canyon around BYU football season time. I miss that every fall! I miss you. How's everything going?

Brandon Dani & Donovan said...

i have never had anything but the Az heat and well the cold when it trys to be cold.. I would love to have seasons and see the changes..