Monday, October 19, 2009

I QUIT !

Okay,Can I PLEASE be done? Really if your kiddos need tonsils out or the Doc has mentioned it....GET THEM DONE NOW. Don't have them wait until they are older. IT IS AWFUL!!!

The first couple days were alright. It was manageable. I thought "good deal I'm HOME free". Man was I WRONG. I had a abscess that was large and they had to dig and really it was NOT fun when I woke up. I felt like my ears were on fire.
I'm going on day 7 . Over the weekend my throat was so swollen. It felt like I was gargling glass shards and since everything like your ears,face...etc is connected it felt like my ears were going to EXPLODE. I would gladly go back and labor ALL of my children over again. I really would.

Well the doctor (BLESS that wonderful man) put me on a steroid for the swelling. I'm SO SO grateful for modern medicine. My throat is still VERY sore and swollen ,but NOT near as bad as it was. Thank heavens for doctors,medicine,and Popsicles.

I'll have to post in a few days and give a update. That's all the whining I have energy for right now,plus my meds are kicking in and I might start typing old family secrets or something. You never know.

10 comments:

Amanda said...

Doesn't sound fun!! Hopefully the worst is over!

Becca said...

sorry! I hope that you are feeling MUCH better today!

Brandon Dani & Donovan said...

sorry amy.. that really stinks! feel better soon!!

Gina said...

Gosh, that almost sounds worse than recovering from a c-section. I'm grateful for pain medication, too!

Lindsay said...

That sucks!! Hope you get feeling better soon!

Suz said...

Sister... this is bunk! Nobody should have to participate in such pain. I'm so sorry.... and I will be cancelling Nate's tonsilectomy! If a strong woman would rather deliver ALL of her children over I'm certain a man will not live through it. God Bless!

Jeanette said...

I'm SO sorry, my mom had hers out when she was an adult and had pretty much the same, if not worse, experience you had. I still have mine, and hopefully I just keep them. Get better soon! Love ya!

Our Blog said...

i call it real talent went you are that miserable yet can be so hilarious!

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

You poor thing! When I was sick someone said, "Oh that's a crappy way to lose 5 pounds." Too bad I didn't. Who takes care of mom when she's not feeling good, huh? Hope you are feeling better.

Katie said...

You poor girl! Even in such pain you still manage to be dang funny and crack me up! Hope you feel better really soon!! Love you and miss you tons!!